Scheduling now for Spring & Summer POND SERVICE, INSTALLATION, REPAIR PERFORMING CONSULTATIONS NOW FOR HARD-SCAPING, POND DREDGING AND PLANT/FISH CLEAN OUTS. CALL TODAY AS DATES BOOK VERY QUICKLY
Winter is HERE~
if you havent thought about your aquatic pets and plants yet.....ITS TIME TO WINTERIZE YOUR PONDS
Call SAS to schedule Winter Pond maintenance
Or stop in to purchase fall pond supplies like
* Fall beneficial bacteria
*Cool weather fish food
For Flow-Thru Pond Owners,
consider getting needed sediment extraction, invasive plant removal, intake, outflow pipes & dams cleaned, repaired or installed.
we work with clay, bentonite, concrete, epoxy & natural stone to improve the function & esthetic quality of your water feature
Its important to alsowinterize:
your water source so you can fill the pond over the winter
make sure the electric service to the pond is safe for use with snow and ice
remove annual plants
lower winter hardy plants to safe levels
winter hours vary, call to confirm we are open
Have a SPLASHY DAY!
SAS is a family owned and operated business.
Butch Stephens began designing, installing and servicing fresh water ponds and features in 1976. SAS is a full service aquatic garden center, located in scenic Chester County Pennsylvania. Our store, fish room and nursery are all under 14,000+ sft of greenhouses. Sales and service are available 52 weeks a year. Everything is grown utilizing organic and pesticide free methods. Our current plant list includes more than 1,700 aquatic plant varieties. All plants are sold finished, and ready to install directly in your pond. A large percentage of our stock are winter hardy, native plants in zones 5-7. We also stock thousands of American raised fresh water ornamental fish including Koi, Shubunkins, Comets, Fantails, Catfish, frog tadpoles, crayfish, trap-door snails. We also stock natural ponds with native game fish and amphibians. picture above is Butch, Pam & Sammie the sulcata (now departed)
Pond, Water Garden and Fountain Specialist
Services & products provided by our
- consultation, lectures, instructional education
- wetland delineation, evaluation, restoration, mitigation
- design/build re-circulating ponds, water gardens, fountains
- interior/exterior commercial fountains, irrigation, storm water management, fire protection ponds,
- flow-thru pond care
- pump & large equipment "dredging"
- pond maintenance & repair
- dry & wet set old world stone, retaining walls, waterfalls, patios & walkways
- spring house restoration, installation and repair
- epoxy, fish-friendly paint and sealants
- impervious liner installation and repair, liners with up to 40 year warranties
- aquatic & wetland plant propagation, design, installation & controls, hundreds of ornamental & indigenous species
- american raised koi, comets, shubunkins, fantails, minnows, bass, sunfish, catfish, trout, eels, crayfish, snails, tadpoles and many other ornamental and tropical varieties
- ecological pond care products, medications & algae controls sold in 16oz-55 gal, 2oz-40 lb containers
- water pumps, aerators, mechanical filters, biological & bead filters, u.v. sterilizers, ozone generators
- submersible lighting, low voltage & fiber optic lighting with multiple colors and remote controls
- bentonite clay (granulated & liner), concrete, non-toxic pond liners, preformed ponds & patio tub gardens
- wholesale, retail, commercial contractors welcome
- metal, lead, stainless steel fountain design, fabrication, renovation and repair
257 Kennett Pike Chadds Ford, Pa 19317
IN HISTORIC HOMMORTON VILLAGE,
On Scenic Route 52
KENNETT TOWNSHIP, CHESTER COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA
3/4 mile north of Longwood Gardens entrance
6 miles south of Route 202
1 mile north of the Mendenhall Inn
6 miles north of Winterthur Museum & Gardens
9 miles north of downtown Wilmington Delaware
Let the Stephens staff help you have a SPLASHY DAY!!!
This adorable boy needs his fur-ever home
He will be ready right around Valentines day. He is a White Ebony Chinchilla. hand raised in our home. please call 610.388.3090 and talk to Pam about cost and what is needed to take care of a Chinchilla as a pet.
SAS can also DESIGN, INSTALL & MAINTAIN Aquariums
Salt Water & Reef systems
homes, restaurants, stores, offices
- Call us today for a free onsite consultation
- If you sign a one year contract for service, you will receive a one year supply of pellet or fake fish food.
- Referrals that produce a one year signed contract will receive a $30.00 SAS plant gift certificate
- Competitive pricing, plants, fish & decor available for delivery and installation.
- Servicing a 100 mile radius of our store
New Pond design and construction in Malvern, Pa. Spring house was constructed with stone found during excavation, orriginal to the property
We are distributors for:
Little Giant Pumps
Rainbow Lifeguard (Pentair Aquatics)
Ecological Lab (Microblift) makers of beneficial bacterial,
water conditioners, fish medications & plant supplements
Mount Parnell fish foods,
Maccourt, Lerio, Atlantic, (precast-ponds & filterfalls)
Fiberstar & Stone Manor Lighting
************And Much, Much More!************
Memberships and affiliations
Licensed by Pa & De Fish and Boat Commissions
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Army Corp of Engineers Certified Wetland
Lecturer for Longwood Gardens Cont. Ed. Dept. &
Philadelphia Flower Show
Published authors in numerous magazines
Mid Atlantic Koi Club, Delaware Valley Water
National Association of Pond Professionals
International Water lily & Water Gardening Society
NYC Roof Top Pond project aired on HGTV
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
SAS maintains current with the Pennsylvania State Attorney General Office Home Improvement Contractors Registration. The official registration number of Stephens Aquatic Services, Inc. is PA092148. Contact information: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/Registrations/Home_Improvement_Contractor_Registration/. Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania 1-888-520-6680.
Award Winning Major Exhibitors:
1999, 2000, 2001 Chester County Flower Show, Inc.
2003, 2004 & 2005 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show
Methods of payments accepted:
Personal Checks, Business checks
(with valid I.D.), Cash, Visa & MasterCard
Get a SAS GIFT CERTIFICATE
for the pond lover in your life!!!